Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Sword Of Damocles


My office is a wreck. That’s not a complaint or even an admission of guilt, it’s just an observation. Kind of like; “the sky is blue.” When I’m on the road, Buffy cleans up my office and puts everything neatly away. Then I come blowing in with 15 guitars and bags and CDs and magazines and small crumpled bits of paper with song lyrics on them and receipts and turn a once neat room into a cluttered catastrophe, once again. Thank you to my beautiful wife for taking care of me for the last 20 years!
 As I sit writing this blog, listening to an excellent Jeff Buckley bootleg (02/02/95, Skala Espacio - Fukuoka, Japan), I can feel the teetering stacks of CDs behind me. I turn around and choose one stack at random (there are currently 6 stacks total, behind me) and here’s what’s in the pile;
Steve Earle - I’ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Jesse Johnson - Verbal Penetration
Johnny Cash - Personal File, Bootleg Vol.1
Hank Williams Jr - Whiskey Bent And Hell Bound
Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection
Elton John - Madman Across The Water
Willie Nelson - Honeysuckle Rose Soundtrack
Townes Van Zandt - Live At The Old Quarter, Houston TX
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Annie Lennox - A Christmas Cornucopia
Keith Richards And The X-pensive Winos - Live At The Hollywood Palladium
Cage the Elephant - Thank You Happy Birthday
Jeff Beck - Rock And Roll Party
Rush - Moving Pictures
Whitesnake - Greatest Hits
Beady Eye - Different Gear Still Speeding
Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape
R.E.M - Collapse Into Now
John Lennon - Walls And Bridges
John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band
John Lennon - Rock And Roll
John Lennon - Sometime In New York City

No comments: